Contaminants can wreak havoc on boilers, gas turbines, piping and other process systems, hurting performance and continuously shortening the life of your equipment.
At ESI, we provide you answers and results. In our oil diagnostic services, ESI engineers:
- Determine the contaminants affecting your oil
- Uncover all internal issues affecting machine and system performance
- Show you which machines and systems are good and which ones are teetering close to failure
Through our detailed analysis, we answer all the key questions then identify the necessary and best-value cleaning procedures to:
- Ensure your complete system functions properly and at peak efficiency
- Extend the life of your equipment
- Put you ahead of maintenance to avoid unplanned shutdowns
- Guarantee equipment reliability
- Eliminate unnecessary inspections
- Reduce oil waste and control consumption costs
We have access to all the necessary laboratory requirements to provide thorough analysis. We also use an independent, certified third party to perform sampling analysis, so you can have total confidence and trust your results are accurate and unbiased.
More About the Oil Analysis Process
ESI expert engineers will sample and test your lube oil and conduct a complete, in-person walk-through of your facility and equipment.
What are we looking for when we perform oil diagnostics?
The contaminants we discover, and their chemical makeup, provide answers as to the level and type of degradation in your lubrication system. We’ll also be able to determine the types of mechanical or electrical issues that may be contributing the problems.
With this analysis in place, we can then determine whether your systems and machinery require cleaning and then select the proper types of flushing and cleaning services for them.
ESI offers a complete range of fluid analysis services:
- 24-hour turnaround for complete oil sampling analysis — from an unbiased third party
- Spectrochemical analysis: 24 metals done via ICP method, Total Acid Number (TAN), viscosity at 40 degrees Celsius and water by Karl Fischer
- Particle Count Analysis: Industry Standard Test used to ascertaine solid contamination levels in oil — provided as a 3-digit ISO Code Reading based on actual counts at 4-, 6- and 14-micron levels
- Online access to analysis reports & system profiles
- Clean testing bottles — to contain less than 1 particle greater than 10um per milliliter of fluid, as specified by ISO 3722 and part of ISO 17025 Audit Standards in the ESI lab.
- Proper bottles, headspace and ullage in the bottle to provide a data effective sample
- All ESI technicians and employees are MLA trained and certified, as specified by ISO 1846-4, Sub-Part I
- Turnaround on all samples include same-day shipping and processed/reported within 72 hours of shipping
- Provide Service Priority List that identifies out-of-spec systems and required maintenance actions to bring them back into specifications
- New Lube Reference Samples to pull 2x per year to ensure your system has an accurate data depiction of your oil
We Don’t Just Recommend, We Get The Job Done
Following the oil analysis, complete with independent, certified third party sampling analysis, we handle all the necessary cleaning processes your systems may require. ESI provides:
- Chemical cleaning
- Lube oil flushing
- Hydrojetting services
- Water flushing
- Steam blows
- Air blowing
- Manual debris removal
- And much more
At the conclusion of our work, we’ll give you thorough documentation, service summaries, engineering recommendations for maintenance and next steps you should take.
More About ESI
ESI’s service offerings are individually designed to maximize cleaning efficiency, while minimizing the noise to cause no disruption to other critical path plant operations, and be environmentally friendly to other construction workers and any local residents. We design and build silencing and targeting systems for each individual project. Every project is pre-engineered and detailed.
Our actual cleaning time is kept to an absolute minimum — our cleaning is fast and painless for our clients. Clients trust our experience to keep them on track and out of financial penalties imposed by delays.
Book ESI to evaluate your system today!