Are you concerned that mill scale, debris, oxides and unwanted oil could be damaging your piping or vessels and limiting your equipment’s life cycle? We can help.
At Energy Services International, we provide our unique Onephase® Chemical Cleaning Services to improve startups and ensure your equipment has a long, productive life.
ESI OnePhase® Chemical Cleaning Services:
- Remove unwanted contaminates from piping, and vessels
- Reduce your required maintenance and system downtime
- Eliminate unnecessary fills and flushes, reducing unnecessary waste
- Are delivered with our own equipment, providing adequate flow rates and ensuring complete system cleaning
- Save you time and money
- Give you reliability and peace of mind
- Are part of our comprehensive pre-commissioning services offering
We’re deeply experienced in providing chemical cleaning services and provide a comprehensive process.
Chemical Cleaning Process
Chemical cleaning processes use chemicals to dissolve or loosen scale, debris and organic materials from pipe and process equipment during the commissioning phase new plant facilities and equipment. Specific processes will vary based on the specific equipment, commissioning process and operational use cases.
In general, chemical cleaning processes follow these steps:
- A system flush is performed with a chemical cleaning solution that’s often circulated through the system by a pump
- The concentration and temperature of the solution are closely monitored, and the speed of the fluid circulation is held within a tight range
- Fluid solution is used in a three-stage cleaning process, with rinses in between: degreasing, acid cleaning (metal collection) and passivation
- Degreasing — an alkaline wash of internal process equipment surfaces to remove organic materials and debris
- Water rinse
- Acid cleaning — removes ionic deposits from metal
- Water rinse
- Passivation — the cleaned metal is in a reactive state; to reduce corrosion, it must be coated with a protective layer, which is typically done by reacting the metal with an
- oxidising agent
At ESI, we handle both pre and post-operational chemical cleaning, and we use environmentally friendly, biodegradable materials.
Complete Offering of Chemical Cleaning Services
Our comprehensive suite of Onephase® services includes:
- Boiler chemical cleaning
- Full system degreasing
- Iron oxide removal
- System passivation
- Non-hazardous chemical cleaning
- Degreasing agent neutralization and purging of your system
- Nitrogen line drying
- If necessary, lube oil flushing (HVOF)
- Drying to plant specification
- Testing and results confirmation using fluid analysis and particle count
- Decontamination of reservoirs and tanks
- Turnkey fluid handling solutions
- Aux filtration
- Industrial filters & breathers
- And more
In addition, we provide a robust offering of cleaning services using other techniques, such as turbulent flow and heat transfer system flushing, as well as detailed inspections, test plans, service summaries and documentation following our cleaning project.